American Legion, Cypress, CA, Post 295 5646 Corporate Ave, Cypress, CA
The American Legion was officially chartered as a corporation by the federal government on September 16, 1919 for the following purposes:
1) To up hold and defend the constitution of the United States;
2) To promote peace and good will among the peoples of the United States and all the Nations of the Earth;
3) T o preserve the memories and incidents of the 2 World Wars and the other great hostilities fought to uphold democracy;
4) To cement the ties and comradeship born of service; and
5) To consecrate the effort so fits members to mutual helpfulness and service to their country.
Cypress Post 295
Figure 1, Cypress Festival
Figure 2, 66 Consecutive visit to LBVA Hospital
The Cypress Post of the American Legion was chartered as a corporation by the State of California on September 29, 1966. It is a non-profit 501(c)(23) veteran organization. We support the community of Cypress and also surrounding communities in the North Orange County area. There are 3 organizations within the facility. American Legion (veterans), American Legion Auxiliary (grandmothers, mothers, sisters, wives, and direct and adopted female descendants of members of The American Legion) and Sons of the American Legion (males of all ages whose parents or grandparents served in the U.S. military). The Post is also the home of the 82nd Airborne Honor Guard, which supports Los Angeles, Orange and Riverside Counties. We also participate with California Boys State, and oratorical. We have monthly dinners, usually the 1st and 3rd Fridays. Guests are welcome with members. Also there are many activities throughout the year, including annual golf event, car show, Poppy Days, Cinco De Mayo Lunch, St. Patrick’s Dinner, etc. Also, we have a lounge for our members to relax.
The Post activities include (but are not limited to):
1) Spring Egg Hunt, The City of Cypress “hides” eggs on the baseball fields filled with toys and candy. The Post donates one thousand hot dogs and drinks for the children. The Boy Scouts Troup 295 assist with the drinks.
2) Memorial Day, our Chaplain provides services at Forest Lawn Cypress, the community is then invited to a free lunch at the Post
3) Memorial Day, the Post was invited to place U.S. flags at United Healthcare on Katella in Cypress
4) 911 Remembrance, Auxiliary members purchase lunches at El Pollo Loco and donated to Cypress, La Palma and Garden Grove Police and Fire Departments.
5) ThePosthasbeenvisitingtheL1WardatLong Beach VA Hospital the second Wednesday of each month for 66 consecutive months (as of 12/2015). We bring pizza and play bingo with the patients.
6) The Post serves a full free Thanksgiving meal with turkeys and hams and all the trimmings to members and friends.
7) Members of the Post have been visiting Long Beach VA Hospital on Christmas Day for the last 5 years and handing out presents to the patients.
8) There is also a Children’s Christmas Party with Santa Claus, free gifts are collected and given to children in the community. If any gifts are left over, they are taken to Cypress Fire Department for Toys for Tots.
Visit us on Facebook:
American Legion Post 295 – Cypress, California